The year 2014 was an important and well-lived year in my life, for which I’m very grateful.
In 2014 I’m proud to have:
- Became a Zend Certified Engineer for PHP 5.5 and Zend Framework 1.
- Received word that I passed the MySQL 5.6 certification exam during the beta last December (2013). Though Oracle claims the credentials are equivalent to non-beta exam takers, I’m proud to have earned mine because of the enormous block of questions featured only in the beta exams. It feels hard-core.
- Succeeded at a dream job and found another. I’m getting closer to figuring out what I want to be when I grow up.
- Released 3 games through the Ludum Dare game development competitions and also worked on the Shadowgate remake. That was cool. I only had one small game out in 2013, so I feel like I’m gaining momentum in this area.
- Joined the current decade in cell phone and laptop technology.
- Visited Portland, twice! Portland is neat. I could retire there someday.
- Went on a proper (if somewhat local) traveling vacation to the empire mines.
- Played and wrote more about games.
I’m also happy to have seen my family more and spent time with people who are good for me. That’s the most important thing.