It’s about mid-way through February and I’m still focusing on what I want to accomplish in 2013. I made some decisions in January, and I’m finally able to lay them out in a blog post.
- Launch and improve this website. Seems to be off to a good start.
- Continue with harp. It’s hard to sound bad playing a harp, and it’s quite relaxing to practice. I’d like to learn to play at least a couple complex and recognizable songs.
- Become a better cook. I am still trying to figure out how to engage my interest on this.
- Become a better reader and read more books. Prior to 2013, I mostly listened to Audiobooks and didn’t read much fiction (or non-fiction) at all compared to my childhood.
- Attend a few conferences, including Game Developer’s Conference in March and maybe a couple genre conventions in the summer.
- Release at least one small video game. I’ve been working on several small game projects and I’d like to complete at least one this year.
- Release some of my mods. I have a thing for modding, especially discussion forum software, and I hope to polish and publicly release a few of my projects.
I have a few other more concrete goals, including financial ones, but I’ll feel generally good about the year with progress made on the above.